Harriss: First post

Greetings mathfactorisers!  I am one of the new wave of additional commentators on the website.  I thought I would introduce myself a little.  I am currently working as a postdoc researcher at Imperial College London, though I am also polishing my CV as my current contract finished in March.  My research is in tilings and patterns, especially those which fit onto themselves at different scales.  For those of you in London next summer I am preparing an exhibit titled “How shapes fill space” for the Royal Society Summer exhibition.  This will look at the mathematics of tilings and patterns with lots of shapes and models to play with.I also like to make pretty pictures from this research, like the example below, which is based on a tiling created by the prime mathfactor Chaim himself.   I hope to describe some of this on the mathfactor, for a taste check out my other writing at Maxwell’s demon.  This piece on rep-tiles is probably of particular interest.  For more of my pictures take a look at my website.

7_fold_star

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URL