Our favorite new and not-so-new products of 2008!
Check out these great gifts!
- Zome is an incredibly powerful construction system!
- the great puzzles of Puzzellation (available at Barnes and Nobles)
- The terrific puzzle computer game DROD
- The Magic Mirror Image Coloring Book
- The Riddles of the Sphinx by David J Bodycombe, an amazing compendium of puzzles, of hundreds of kinds, at all levels of difficulty, with historical essays to boot!
- Which leads us to Nikoli, the great Japanese puzzle co! (Rules can be found here)
- The Princeton Companion to Mathematics is a landmark classic. A must-have for every serious student, researcher or amateur.
- How Round is Your Circle just one of the many fantastic titles out on Princeton University Press
- AK Peters is another fantastic press, with a wide range of interesting math and CS titles, including, ahem, the Symmetries of Things.
- Binary Arts/ThinkFun is another source of great puzzles!
- And the authors Martin Gardner and Ivan Moscovitch are always fantastic!
Hope this helps and have fun!! Let us know how it works out!
Happy Holidays from the Math Factor!