By an amazing coincidence, world-class puzzle creators Ed Pegg (mathpuzzle.com) and James Stephens (puzzlebeast.com) were in Fayetteville Ark. on the very same day! We sit down and discuss the art of puzzle making, their own wonderful puzzles, and their personal favorites.
Here are some links to some of the things they talk about:
- A sampling of some of Ed’s puzzles (These were for Japan Airlines)
- Jimmy’s Tipover and Antivirus
- Oscar van Deventer’s amazing work on Shapeways and on YouTube.
- Hanayama‘s Cast Series; the Vortex puzzle is terrific.
- Everything by Thinkfun (Rush Hour, the Gordian Knot puzzle) and Smartgames
- Or for pencil and paper games, Nikoli and Games Magazine.
- You can design your own burr puzzles with burr tools or investigate sliding block puzzles on puzzleworld.
- Andrea Gilbert’s click mazes and Robert Abbot’s logic mazes
- The Art of Puzzles, and Strimko by the Grabarchuk family, on puzzles.com
I don’t know how often we’ll be posting new podcasts, but stay tuned!